As a leading independent materials testing, analysis and consultancy organisation to the medical device industry, Ceram’s knowledge of products, packaging, chemistry and materials (ceramics, metals, polymers) is both extensive and diverse in the field of medical device testing.
What’s more, Ceram is leading the way in materials innovation by developing a portfolio of new materials and technologies for its clients, such as novel bioceramic materials and new multi-element substituted hydroxyapatite.
From initial concept and design, through to manufacturing consultancy and after-use evaluation, Ceram has worked to assist in the development and improvement of a wide range of medical devices and medical equipment including:
- Vascular devices and access systems such as stents and catheters
- Orthopaedic implants, explants and instruments
- Biomaterial, grafts, cements, foams, powders and putties
- Dental materials, products and dental instruments
- Surgical instruments
- Drug delivery products and systems
- Wound care products
- Microelectronic implants
- Diagnostic and monitoring equipment
- Packaging and packaging materials.
working with materials such as:
- Polymers & elastomers
- Ceramics and advanced ceramics
- Metals & metal alloys
- Electronics & semiconductors